Valley Forge Casino and Resort
1160 First Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
May 23 – May 24, 2016
The Heart of Agile Conference is a two-day conference dedicated to educate attendees on Alistair Cockburn’s new methodology the Heart of Agile.
The Heart of Agile is focused on getting back to the basics of Agile. In the last 15 years Agile has been weighed down with frameworks and practices of many shapes and sizes. At the Heart of Agile are 4 key concepts: Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect andImprove. From this center we can branch out to all of the principals, practices, skills, and tools.
The 2-day session will offer:
- Opening and closing keynotes by Alistair Cockburn focused on the “Heart of Agile”
- Speakers, presentations and discussion tracks for Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, and Improve:
- Tutorials – Speakers will provide presentations and facilitated conversations on hot topics and key trends on Agile principles and practices. This is an opportunity for experienced practitioners to demonstrate and share their knowledge in a specific topic, solution, or technique.
- Collaborative Conversation Joint problem-solving with other experienced participants in a topic. A facilitated peer-to-peer event, where everyone has something to contribute to the topic, though may not be an expert at the topic. The coordinator proposes a topic and a facilitation structure, the attendees work in small groups (typically 4-8 people), and mutually exchange and collaborate their outputs.
- Experience Reports – Experience reports contain first-hand information and reflection: “We saw this…,” “Our team did that…,” or “We learned the following from our experience…” Experience reports serve as an exchange opportunity for practitioners to learn from others. Focus of these discussions is to share successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Open Space – Ongoing facilitated discussions of topics that are suggested by the attendees.
- Sponsor Exhibition Sponsors will have specialists and experts on site to discuss their products and services and share industry and solution insights, and experiences. Sponsors will be available throughout the conference for meetings, discussions, and demonstrations.
The Scrum Alliance requires Scrum professionals to earn Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) toward earning and renewing your CSP, CEC, and CST. An SEU® is a credit earned by a Scrum professional for having completed an educational training or learning opportunity that meets a defined set of learning objectives. Scrum Alliance® has discretion to determine whether SEUs are warranted, considering factors such as content, quality, and accuracy of material.
The Scrum Alliance has approved the Heart of Agile Conference to provide attendees 16 SEU credits.
For more information on SEUs, please refer to the Scrum Alliance website: https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/scrum-educational-units
Call for speakers is still open. We will be accepting and reviewing abstracts until March 1, 2016. Please submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts will be accepted for the following tracks:
- Collaborate: Share experiences and insights on principles and practices to enhance the Collaborate component of the Heart of Agile. Share thoughts on listening, trusting, failing, engaging our teams.
- Deliver: Share insights on the Deliver aspect of the Heart of Agile. Discussions may include the execution of work, how we learn, the cost of delivery, the realization of benefits, and the social considerations of working with teams to Deliver.
- Reflect and Improve: Share your experiences with the Reflect and Improve aspects of the Heart of Agile. Discussions may include topics that may include examining results, evaluating our goals, introspection of our work, assessing the emotions of our customers and team, planning and forward focusing.
There are 3 presentation types that speakers will be selected. Please indicate which presentation type you are submitting for:
- Tutorial: Speakers will provide presentations and facilitated conversations on hot topics and key trends on Agile principles and practices. This is an opportunity for experienced practitioners to demonstrate and share their knowledge in a specific topic, solution, or technique.
- Collaborative Conversation: Joint problem-solving with other experienced participants in a topic. A facilitated peer-to-peer event, where everyone has something to contribute to the topic, though may not be an expert at the topic. The coordinator proposes a topic and a facilitation structure, the attendees work in small groups (typically 4-8 people), and mutually exchange and collaborate their outputs.
- Experience Report: Experience reports contain first-hand information and reflection: “We saw this…,” “Our team did that…,” or “We learned the following from our experience…” Experience reports serve as an exchange opportunity for practitioners to learn from others. Focus of these discussions is to share successes, failures, and lessons learned.
Please submit abstracts to email@example.com until March 1, 2016. Please indicate the Track and Presentation Type.
There is a block of rooms reserved for the conference with discounted rates. The number of rooms are limited, so please reserve early.
Individuals can contact the Hotel directly at 610-354-8118 for reservations. Please ask for the Genesis Consulting Room Block when making your reservation to reserve the discounted rate. In order to expedite your check-in, the hotel requests that all reservations include the following information:
- Arrival and departure dates
- Hotel Tower preference (Casino Tower or Radisson)
- Credit card type, number and expiration date to be used for payment
- Number of guests in the reservation
The Room Block will be held for the Conference Group until Friday, April 29, 2016.
SINGLE (1 PERSON) $115.00
DOUBLE (2 PEOPLE) $115.00
All guestroom rates are subject to the current state & local occupancy tax of 6% and 2% per room plus any additional taxes or fees that may be owed at the time the rooms are occupied. Tax rates are subject to change without notice.
Individuals will be responsible for their own room, taxes, and incidental charges. Payment due upon check-in.
Check-In: 3:00 p.m. Checkout: 11:00 a.m.
To register for the Heart of Agile Conference 2016, please access the event registration on the Eventbrite site: Register Now
Registration fees are as follows:
|Early Bird Registration||Through March 31, 2016||$299|
|Advance Purchase||April 1, 2016 – May 20, 2016||$349|
|Registration at Door||May 23 – 24, 2016||$379|
Registration to the Conference includes the following:
- Access to all Keynote Sessions with Alistair Cockburn
- Access to all Presentation and discussion tracks
- Access to the Sponsor Exhibition
- Meals and non-alcoholic beverages during the conference to include: Breakfast, Morning Break, Lunch, and Afternoon Break.
- Networking and Collaboration Reception after Day 1 of Conference.
We would like to thank our Sponsors for their support. Please be sure to visit the Sponsors at the Sponsor Exhibition at the conference.
The Scrum Alliance aims to guide and inspire individuals, leaders, and organizations with practices, principles, and values that create workplaces that are joyful, prosperous, and sustainable.
Scrum.org leads the evolution and maturity of Scrum to improve the profession of software development, up to the level of the enterprise agility of organizations. Scrum.org strives to provide all of the tools and resources needed by Scrum practitioners and experts in agility to deliver value using Scrum.
CSS Tec is an IT Staff Augmentation firm with a passion and focus on all things Agile. With a deeply tenured recruiting staff that is trained very specifically on Agile, CSS Tec offers to our clients a recruiting partnership where we understand what Agile is, the fact that not all Agile shops are the same, and how to recruit candidates that will fit with our clients teams.
Nureva Inc. develops collaboration solutions where content-rich ideation and problem-solving can flourish. The company focuses on delighting customers with simple, thoughtful hardware, software and services. A passion for deep customer understanding and a commitment to innovation drive the company’s product road map.
Achieving Agility is a consultancy firm that specializes in agile training, coaching, and transformations. We are seasoned agile practitioners that have helped clients optimize the flow of value to the customer and respond to change. We believe in a hands-on, pragmatic, and adaptable coaching approach that uses a blend of agile practices to find the right fit for our clients. We have introduced agility in environments ranging from small start-ups to large scale enterprise environments. At our core, we believe in creating value driven environment that fosters collaboration, continuous improvement, and trust.
Since 1993, Check Point has been dedicated to providing customers with uncompromised protection against all types of threats, reducing security complexity and lowering total cost of ownership. They are committed to staying focused on customer needs and developing solutions that redefine the security landscape today and in the future.
InSource is a Professional Services firm focused on helping their clients to deliver business value through technology. The Technology Solutions group delivers a broad range of consulting services with an emphasis on IT Strategy development and Automation of IT via ServiceNow. Their Professional Staffing group provides temporary and permanent staff placement in a wide range of IT skill areas.
LeadingAgile is a company dedicated to helping larger, more complex organizations achieve better business outcomes through the systematic application of agile delivery methods across the entire enterprise. They are primarily focused on the transition patterns and intermediate states necessary to safely and pragmatically lead any company through a structured and planned transformation event.
AgileEvolution has provided agile training, coaching and mentoring for teams, projects and organizations since 2006. They have brought agile principles and practices to 17 countries and over 300 teams in Fortune 500s, startups and even the public sector.