Gateway Clipper Fleet
350 W Station Square Dr,
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
April 27 – April 28, 2017
The Heart of Agile Conference is a two-day conference dedicated to educate attendees on Alistair Cockburn’s Heart of Agile.
The Heart of Agile is focused on getting back to the basics of Agile. In the last 15 years Agile has been weighed down with frameworks and practices of many shapes and sizes. At the Heart of Agile are 4 key concepts: Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect and Improve. From this center we can branch out to all of the principals, practices, skills, and tools.
The 2-day session will offer:
- Opening and closing keynotes by Alistair Cockburn focused on the “Heart of Agile”
- Speakers, presentations and discussion tracks for Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, and Improve:
- Tutorials – Speakers will provide presentations and facilitated conversations on hot topics and key trends on Agile principles and practices. This is an opportunity for experienced practitioners to demonstrate and share their knowledge in a specific topic, solution, or technique.
- Collaborative Conversation Joint problem-solving with other experienced participants in a topic. A facilitated peer-to-peer event, where everyone has something to contribute to the topic, though may not be an expert at the topic. The coordinator proposes a topic and a facilitation structure, the attendees work in small groups (typically 4-8 people), and mutually exchange and collaborate their outputs.
- Experience Reports – Experience reports contain first-hand information and reflection: “We saw this…,” “Our team did that…,” or “We learned the following from our experience…” Experience reports serve as an exchange opportunity for practitioners to learn from others. Focus of these discussions is to share successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Open Space – Ongoing facilitated discussions of topics that are suggested by the attendees.
- Sponsor Exhibition Sponsors will have specialists and experts on site to discuss their products and services and share industry and solution insights, and experiences. Sponsors will be available throughout the conference for meetings, discussions, and demonstrations.
The Scrum Alliance requires Scrum professionals to earn Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) toward earning and renewing your CSP, CEC, and CST. An SEU® is a credit earned by a Scrum professional for having completed an educational training or learning opportunity that meets a defined set of learning objectives. Scrum Alliance® has discretion to determine whether SEUs are warranted, considering factors such as content, quality, and accuracy of material.
The Scrum Alliance has approved the Heart of Agile Conference to provide attendees 16 SEU credits.
For more information on SEUs, please refer to the Scrum Alliance website: https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/scrum-educational-units
The call for speakers is now closed. We want to thank everyone who took the time to submit a session for this conference! We had an overwhelming response of great speakers and topics that made it quite difficult to narrow the list. We believe we have assembled a great lineup and hope to see everyone there!
Check out the current schedule under the sessions section!
Each session will fit within one of the four central themes of the Heart of Agile:
- Collaborate: Share experiences and insights on principles and practices to enhance the Collaborate component of the Heart of Agile. Share thoughts on listening, trusting, failing, engaging our teams.
- Deliver: Share insights on the Deliver aspect of the Heart of Agile. Discussions may include the execution of work, how we learn, the cost of delivery, the realization of benefits, and the social considerations of working with teams to Deliver.
- Reflect and Improve: Share your experiences with the Reflect and Improve aspects of the Heart of Agile. Discussions may include topics that may include examining results, evaluating our goals, introspection of our work, assessing the emotions of our customers and team, planning and forward focusing.
Furthermore, each session will be delivered through one of three different, but complimentary presentation types:
- Tutorial: Speakers will provide presentations and facilitated conversations on hot topics and key trends on Agile principles and practices. This is an opportunity for experienced practitioners to demonstrate and share their knowledge in a specific topic, solution, or technique.
- Collaborative Conversation: Joint problem-solving with other experienced participants in a topic. A facilitated peer-to-peer event, where everyone has something to contribute to the topic, though may not be an expert at the topic. The coordinator proposes a topic and a facilitation structure, the attendees work in small groups (typically 4-8 people), and mutually exchange and collaborate their outputs.
- Experience Report: Experience reports contain first-hand information and reflection: “We saw this…,” “Our team did that…,” or “We learned the following from our experience…” Experience reports serve as an exchange opportunity for practitioners to learn from others. Focus of these discussions is to share successes, failures, and lessons learned.
Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel Station Square
This hotel is right next door to the Gateway Clipper Fleet
Drury Plaza Hotel Downtown Pittsburgh
Summa has a corporate rate here, just say you are with Summa.
Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Pittsburgh
To register for the Heart of Agile Conference 2017, please click on the button below:
Registration fees are as follows:
|Early Bird Registration||Through February 28, 2017||$275|
|Advance Purchase||March 1, 2017– April 15, 2017||$300|
|Registration at Door||April 16 – 28, 2017||$325|
Registration to the Conference includes the following:
- Access to all Keynote Sessions with Alistair Cockburn
- Access to all Presentation and discussion tracks
- Access to the Sponsor Exhibition
- Meals and non-alcoholic beverages during the conference to include: Breakfast, Morning Break, Lunch, and Afternoon Break.
- Networking and Collaboration Reception after Day 1 of Conference.
We would like to thank our Sponsors for their support. Please be sure to visit the Sponsors at the Sponsor Exhibition at the conference.
Summa is a digital solutions consultancy that combines its human-centered design, strategy and agile software development capabilities to power businesses and deliver engaging customer experiences.
We are a company of passionate problem solvers who put people first. We excel at cracking the toughest and most complex digital challenges with mastery of both forward-looking solutions and older legacy systems. But what really sets us apart is how we do it; with a down-to-earth, collaborative approach of engaging deeply with our customers to create elegant solutions that work for everyone.
LeadingAgile is a company dedicated to helping larger, more complex organizations achieve better business outcomes through the systematic application of agile delivery methods across the entire enterprise. They are primarily focused on the transition patterns and intermediate states necessary to safely and pragmatically lead any company through a structured and planned transformation event.
Phi Services is a consultancy with a passion for deep customer understanding and a commitment to supporting innovation through our unique, sole focus on collaborative technologies. In that capacity we will delight attendees at HOA with the Nureva Span Collaboration System. Span is a unique combination of cloud based software, simple, thoughtful hardware and comprehensive services that enable collaboration on a scale that nurtures deeper engagement, rich ideation and enhanced problem-solving. Create, share, plan, do great things – together. Solve problems. Share them. Debate them. Strengthen them. All done within an expansive, cloud-based canvas that can be accessed as easily on your walls as from the device in your hand, anywhere, anytime. Let us show you how you can trade in your whiteboards and endless sticky-note walls for a flexible, digital solution that brings the essentials of agile working – collaborate, deliver, reflect, improve – into the digital age.
At SolutionsIQ, helping companies navigate the complexities of transitioning to Agile is what we do best. When Agile was still in its infancy, we began to implement its principles and practices. Now Agile and Scrum are an integral part of our internal operations. We use Agile to deliver our Agile solutions and services to a diverse clientele in every major vertical. With offices on both US coasts and in India, we can bring a custom Agile Transformation Solution to wherever you may be.
LitheSpeed a cadre of leading lean and agile coaches and enterprise consultants on a mission to transform workplaces into environments that promote self-management, continuous improvement, and high morale. We believe in pragmatism over dogmatism, and help individuals, teams and organizations through Scrum and Agile training, coaching and consulting.
Scaled Agile’s Mission is to help software and systems-dependent enterprises achieve better outcomes, increased employee engagement, and improved economics through Lean-Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework®(SAFe®).
VersionOne is the independent leader in end-to-end enterprise agile software solutions for helping organizations scale agile faster, easier, and smarter. From strategy to delivery, VersionOne is helping more than 50,000 teams at 1,000 companies, including 33 of the Fortune 100, envision and deliver great software. See how: www.versionone.com
Agile Alliance supports people who explore and apply Agile values, principles, and practices to make building software solutions more effective, humane, and sustainable. We share our passion to deliver software better every day.
Elliott Connie is a solution focused therapist with his private practice based in Keller, TX. Elliott specializes in using the solution focused approach to work with couples. He is the co-author of the book The Art of Solution Focused Therapy, and his second book, Solution Building in Couples Therapy, was released in 2012. His latest book, The Solution Focused Marriage: 5 Simple Habits That Will Bring Out the Best in Your Relationship, is now available.